Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12 'Tis a fortuitous and auspicious day!

Today, as many of you heard through my incessant posts on Facebook was a very good day.

For those of you who didn't, the 3 month MRI came back clean and clear.  There's no sign of the cancer after 3 rounds of Chemo.

It was a day to inspire some hope, to reinvigorate the spirit.

I'll be honest with you, Shelley and I tend to be the Yin and Yang in regards to the diagnosis.  Shelley is a positive thinker in this regard.  She thinks it's all going to be fine, and in keeping in good spirits and thoughts we'll shepherd her through this.  Me?  I tend to think the worst, and that we need to do everything we can to enjoy Amie every single second.  We need to squeeze the juice of that particular lemon.

So.  Today I start building hope.  

I've never seen a little girl go through so much, at such a young age.  I'm sure this is the standard story of people talking about adolescent cancers, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it.  So Amelie is a trooper, and she's become accustomed to pain, boredom, nausea and people constantly being in her business.    I can't count the number of adults who would fold under such pressure, and she shrugs it off....mostly because she hasn't learned that there's another option.

So I'm totally chalking today up in the win column.




On to pictures!


This is a really cool bracelet that Shelley's work team gave her.  I love the symbolism, and the reminder of their support.




We were trying to get Amelie to give us a smile, but only succeeded in getting her to give us a scrunchy face after the "Clean MRI" today.


Some friends of ours looted our hidden key and dropped off dinner for us.  A boatload of good Middle Eastern food from Woody's Oasis in East Lansing.  It was darned good eatin'.



Anya absolutely loves Hummous too.  :)


So there ya go.  3 months and 3 rounds of chemo are now done.  12-12-12  Woo!

3 comments:

  1. THANK GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS!!
    We will continue to pray every day!
    Love,
    The Flaishans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously awesome news. Keep on doin' what you're doin'! Your family is a great support system for one another, it is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinkin' from the half full glass is fully recommended!

    ReplyDelete