Here's what we know:
- Surgery is scheduled for next week, Tuesday April 29th at 7:30am.
- It will be a LONG surgery. Last time she was on the table until 7pm or so, if my memory serves me right. I need to go re-read the blog posts from then.
- Dr. Garton might let Dr. Maher, his peer and the Amie's original surgeon, do the surgery. His words, "It's sometimes easier to let the original person do the surgery because of the particulars of their handiwork."
- We'll be in the PICU at Mott for 2-ish days, and then moved down to 7E for follow-up recuperative care. Approximately 5 days of hospitalization should be planned. Adjust that up or down based on recovery particulars.
- Anya will stay at Shelley's parents starting on Monday night, and through the rest of the week, to give her a stable environment as possible.
One last thing before I go off to my next errand... I wanted to physically show you how well she's doing in light of all of this.
As a final bit, thank you to all the people who have emailed, sent private FB messages, texts, or called. As you might imagine, this is all moving fast, and the support of so many of you is really appreciated...more than you know. Thanks. :)