Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Welcome back!

Wrap Up post of Day 3:


I took a picture like this almost two years ago, and thought many people would like to see the view from the PICU again.  This is facing NE, and the Architecture Building is in the center top right.

Nice view, eh?

As I noted this afternoon, this was a day of recuperation, healing and patience.  I spent a LOT of time in Amie's bed, comforting her and watching her watch Strawberry Shortcake.  (HINT:  I fall asleep a lot).

But as the day drew to a close (and we ate good food delivered by a parent of a student. Woo! Thanks!), Shelley and I started seeing "Amie" come through the cloud of pain.  She played around with me, tickling and being herself.  Giggling, and making jokes.

She started making a craft with supplies provided by Auntie Beth. She lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, relaxing and listening to music.

We also got a gift package from a good friend with a bunch of hair accessories (acknowledging completely what's to come...) and Shel put on on Amie's "hat".  The following picture (that Shelley took, not me!) was beyond classic, and our first real sighting of Amie being back.  I had to share.


Hi Amie.  Welcome back!  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment