Friday, September 14, 2012

First good news!

Ok, y'all...just talked with our Brain Surgeon (how cool am I that I can say that we have our very own brain surgeon), and he's saying that they now believe it's a Juvenile Pilocytic Astrocytoma.  If you're cool like me, you're going to refer to it as a JPA from now on.

They say that the JPA is about the "best" brain tumor you can have.

  • It does not usually spread out beyond it's clump in the brain.
  • It does not attempt to spread to the spine.
  • If you go in and cut it out, and get it all, you are often done with it
Here's the wikipedia link if you want to read more about it.

This is going to be a long day, and I promise to give you updates as they come.


A total aside, our Brain Surgeon (I'm such a name dropper...) is named Cormac, which is also the name of one of my favorite authors (Cormac McCarthy).  Woo!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a whirlwind couple of days you all have had. Our thought and prayers go out to all of you for a successful surgery and quick recovery.
    Brian & Tammy Roberts & family

    ReplyDelete