Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Moving on up...

This is not going to be a long, nor elegant post.  For that I apologize.

I sent Shelley off to sleep at 6:15p, since she'd been awake since she took over at 1:30am.  Since then, I've basically been grading subwork and older assignments, and designing two map tests for tomorrow. I'm almost caught up (I'll finish during prep and lunch everything else).  That's 4 hours more work than I wanted to be doing today, but c'est la vie.

Anyway, back to today.

Since Amie no longer has the ICP valve in her skull, and she was off the PICU floor, she got majorly downgraded as far as danger risk.  They let her wander free in the room, completely without any wires....for most of the day.


A good part of that time was spent on the floor in Shelley's lap, or in the high chair that we scored from somewhere.  Can you see how overwhelmingly happy she is to not be in bed?

Additionally, Shelley decided to play Physical Therapist for a while, and was making Amelie start using her legs and get moving around again.  A little terrifying to watch on some level.


Shel held most of her weight and wouldn't let her fall...but Amelie walked.  
It wasn't steady, but it wasn't a disaster either.



Finally, I promised a medical picture.  This is the suture site.
I'm moving it down for those who don't want to see it.



























I made it as small as I could for those who didn't want to see it.  
Click to make bigger.

I'm off to sleep, as I have to work in the morning!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Jason. *hugs* Lots of love to you all from the DePriests...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is simply amazing to think she had surgery Friday and is doing so well less than a week later. She is one tough little cookie!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see her progressing so well! It is truly an amazing thing! :)
    My family and I have your family in our thoughts.

    My 3 year old daughter caught sight of a picture of Amelie and asked "What's wrong with the baby?" I explained to her that she is "sick". She responded by petting the computer screen, saying "Feel better little baby".
    We will be following all your updates, even when I return to Canada! Stay strong you guys :)


    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete