Friday, October 12, 2012

Anticipation makes the heart grow fonder?

So that's a comment I've heard for a long time.

Well, my heart grows no fondness today, because the anticipated infection is HERE!  Woo!

Ok, that's not quite the right tone.  I don't think it's alright to cheer on an infection, but at least there's no waiting around for it to show up.

Amelie had a temp somewhere in the range of 101-102 when we woke up, so Shelley get the process going to get down to U-M, after dropping off Anya at Grammie's place.  I think Beth is going to go grab her from there and keep her with Yit Yit and Charlie for a few days.  She could even get in some Strzalkowski grandparent time too... :)

We're in the ER for now, and will most likely be admitted for a few days to nuke the infection.  We were scheduled to come down on Sunday anyway for the harvesting of stem cells, but who knows where we are with that.

Have I ever told you how awesome my co-workers are?  I got the call that Shel and Amie were coming over here and within 10 minutes had people to cover my 4th, 5th and 6th Hour classes.  I was out of the school within the half hour.

Not sure why, but the filter in the ER is now blocking pictures from being uploaded to blogger.  Hmmm...  I'll drop them in later.

Update.  We're being admitted now!  Woo!

1 comment:

  1. Talked to Shel on her way in to the ER. If you need ANYTHING just hollar! Will be thinking about you guys and sending love and healing thoughts your way. XO

    ReplyDelete