We heard back from the Bone Marrow Clinic (the people who oversee the Stem Cell harvesting).
They were hoping to get 15 million cells from their harvest, and they got 70 million cells from the harvest.
What's that mean for Amelie?
- This is the only time she'll need to do that procedure.**
- They have enough for cycles 4, 5, and 6 of Chemo...and then an extra just in case.
- We no longer need to give her a shot each night.
- She'll be getting the port out of her groin in the morning.
- She gets to go home tomorrow at some point. Most likely after school because Shelley's car is in the shop on the far side of Ann Arbor.
So yeah, we're doing smashingly well over here in Mott.
Happy Birthday, indeed.